Sunday, July 7, 2013

Journalism Today

 


1    1.)  Where do you get your news today? List the most common places.
I usually watch the news with my parents by watching 60 minutes and watching the 6:30 am news before I go to school. When I’m at school I usually have news alerts from the Huffington Post on my phone, so I know the news right when it happens. I also read the Florida Times-Union from time to time, usually on Sundays. Most of my friends that are interested in the news also have news alerts on their smart phones, and we have a school newspaper and TV channel that tells us some news each day.

2     2.)  Why do you choose to get your news from these places?
I like the Huffington Post because it has breaking news and opinion, which I admire. I get alerts on my phone because I use it for most of the the most likely place I will see it. I get my news from the places that are most convenient to me.

3.)  Has your methods of obtaining news changed at all over time? 
I used to not care about news, until I realized how important it was. It used to be that I really only heard about natural disasters and terrorist attacks from the information chain via my parents. Now I find out the news for myself, and sometimes even inform my parents before they know.

2    4.)  What do you think will come next for the news media?
I think that everything will turn electronic, no more newspapers or magazines. With everyone wanting to “go green” printing ink on paper may cease to exist and then be more electronic. I do think that that theory will take a very long time to come true, because people still yearn and crave for tangible print, like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment